Over the next few days I will post up each of these elements in turn (apart from the Student Profile as you already know me!) as submitted for, and given, approval :
1.01 Course Aims and Outcomes
My intention with this course is to devise a series of projects which will develop the work I have already been engaged in over the past few years and help me reach a higher, more professional standard.
I want to generate the same sort of response contemporary Scottish artists like
Jacqueline.Watt, Christopher.Wood, and Gail.Harvey have in me when I view their work, only using figures as a starting point rather than landscape. To achieve this, Projects will build towards a personal semi-abstract language based on figure compositions. I also intend to explore more deeply the expression of emotions in my painting.
While my Extended Written Project will investigate this idea of expressing feelings and emotions through painting, my final painting projects will contrive to bring this theoretical knowledge together with the practical work.
- I aim to continue the development of my figurative painting;
- I aim to do this in a dynamic, semi-abstract manner;
- I aim to explore the emotional interaction between figures using bold and expressive colouring;
- I aim to complete this course within 1 year;
- I aim to submit my work for assessment.
- I want to develop a strong personal painting style;
- I want to improve my painting technique and become more confident in achieving a good quality end result;
- I want to develop further my own critical thoughts about painting;
- I want to produce a series of quality paintings suitable for exhibition;
- I want to develop a more professional work ethic.
Next installment: Tomorrow you will see my Course Plan.